“I don’t believe in luck, I believe in preparation.” – Bobby Knight
- When choosing your destination, use multiple research sources.
- There are many travel websites and books to help you prepare.
“A simple fact that is hard to learn is that the time to save money is when you have some.” – Joe Moore
- Get an estimate for the total cost of the vacation ahead of time so you have a goal savings amount.
- It’s never too early to start saving!
- Ideas: See if you can open a savings account specifically for the trip. It will stay separate from the rest of your funds and be harder to use.
- Save all your spare change! It adds up and every little bit helps.
“There is no short cut to achievement. Life requires thorough preparation.” – George Washington Carver
- Don’t only search aggregate travel sites for travel deals on accommodations and transportation, but also check the individual vendor websites as well.
- You may have more control over your itinerary if you book separately.
“I don’t care how much money you have, free stuff is always a good thing.”
– Queen Latifah
- If you like free stuff, you know it doesn’t hurt to ask! Sometimes you can get an upgraded plane seat or hotel room for free – just by asking.
- Some organizations (national parks, museums) offer free or discounted days.
- When booking and setting your itinerary, check on sites like Groupon or LivingSocial.
- Some hotels have a same-day-booking discount if you go through their app.
- Remember to verify if a hotel offers free WiFi and breakfast.
“Refusing to ask for help when you need it is refusing someone the chance to be helpful.” – Ric Ocasek
- When booking a cruise, it’s a good idea to consider using a travel agent.
They can often get the best deals and offer an abundance of travel tips.
- If anything goes wrong, they can use their connections to help solve the problem for you.
- Each year traveling gets more complicated. A travel agent can alleviate some of the stress that comes along with technological evolution.
“Jobs fill your pocket, but adventures fill your soul.” – Jamie
- Travel Insurance can help with minor problems like a cancelled flight or missing baggage. It may also be able to help if you have an oversea medical emergency.
- The US Department of State urges American travelers to purchase travel insurance.
- Travel Insurance is affordable and easy to find. Let us know if we can help!