It’s Summer in Colorado, which means barbecue time!
Take a quick review of some tips to keep your Summer BBQs fun and safe.
- Propane and charcoal grills should ONLY be used outdoors.
- The grill should be placed at a safe distance from the house, railings and away from hanging branches/foliage.
- Keep children and pets a moderate distance from the grill area.
- Never leave the grill unattended.
- Charcoal Grills: charcoal chimney starters allow you to start the fire using newspaper as fuel. If you use a starter fluid, make sure you use a charcoal only fluid. Never add charcoal fluid or any other flammable liquids in the fire.
- Gas Grills: make sure the lid is open before lighting it.
- Make sure grill starter fluids are not accessible to children.
- Consider using an electric charcoal starter (doesn’t use fire). It will require an extension cord.
- Keep things clean by removing fat or grease buildup from the grill trays.
- When you have finished grilling, let the coals completely cool before removing and disposing the metal container.